Book Room Events
- 14 May – 16:00: Sashiko Workshop with Kristina Hakala. Sashiko is a type of traditional Japanese embroidery. It can be used for functional purposes (to fix for example a pair of jeans that has a hole), or it can be used purely decoratively. For the workshop, you can bring your own clothes or bags to work on, or you can work on materials provided by Kristina (she speaks both French and English so no need to worry about the language of the workshop!). You will leave with a special Sashiko needle and 2m of sashiko thread. The workshop is 25€, payable to Kristina upon arrival, in cash or card. Please sign up by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 21 May – 16:00: Author and blogger Lisa Anselmo will be at the Book Room to discuss her memoir My (Part-Time) Paris Life: How Running Away Brought Me Home. Please sign up by e-mail at email@example.com
- 11 June – 16:00 Author Tendayi O. Chirawu will discuss her last book, The Glitter Horn. Please sign up by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date to be determined: English Book Club, we’ll be discussing medieval cathedrals and Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth. This now classic novel is about the building of a cathedral in the early middle ages. Copies are available at the Book Room. Start early – it’s a long book, but the language level is not complicated. The story is engaging. The discussion is open to all even if you have not read the book.
Upcoming Book Room events. Keep your eye on this space for dates and details.
- Old book craft workshops, Pop-up card making from old books, Mobile making. Textile workshops, Children’s story time, wine tasting
Read more about the Book Room https://www.fusac.fr/bill-rosas-book-room/