Détails de l'annonce
EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe
Job vacancy – Communications Junior Manager
Responsible to: Strategic Communications and Marketing Director
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: 28 – 34 000 euros per annum + one-month performance-based bonus
Location: EURORDIS Paris
Start date: ASAP
About EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe
EURORDIS is a unique, non-profit alliance of 962 rare disease patient organisations from 73 countries that work together to improve the lives of the 30 million people living with a rare disease in Europe. By connecting patients, families and patient groups, as well as by bringing together all stakeholders and mobilising the rare disease community, EURORDIS strengthens the patient voice and shapes research and policies.
Main scope of the position
The Communications Junior Manager (CJM) is based out of the Paris office and plays a crucial role both Rare Disease Day as well as general EURORDIS activities. The role is integrated into the wider Awareness, Public Engagement and Events Team.
The CJM will:
- Coordinate and support operations for the global patient-led awareness campaign Rare Disease Day, created by and coordinated at the global level by EURORDIS. Its purpose is to raise awareness for people living with a rare disease and their families, provoking change and more equity in healthcare. The campaign continues to grow and expand its reach from year to year as we move towards extending and building the campaign.
- Plan, coordinate and disseminate social media activity for both Rare Disease Day and EURORDIS social media channels.
Key tasks & responsibilities
Rare Disease Day (RDD) awareness campaign
- Relations with RDD partners: Coordinate communication/ online meetings with 60+ rare disease national alliance patient organisation partners from around the world, collecting their input to the campaign and updating them on the advancement of the campaign materials.
- Collect incoming information & relay to the global community: Centralise information from patients and other stakeholder groups participating in the annual RDD campaign (received through rarediseaseday.org, email and RDD social media channels).
- Relay this information through storytelling by producing content for social/ web.
- Communications plan: Contribute to creation of the communications plan and on its execution, including planning and writing communications and disseminating accordingly across mass mailings, the website and social media, in line with the established campaign messaging.
- Communication content: Write communication content to feed the tools (website, info pack, messaging in social media) in collaboration with Communication team, Brussels Public Affairs Team, Patient Organisations Relationship.
- Social media
- Create/ disseminate attractive visuals and posts for RDD social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube). New ideas and proposals in line with emerging social media trends are encouraged.
- Monitor RDD partner social media and share relevant materials.
- Community management: respond to messages/ comments. Engage with users.
- Advocacy toolkits: Coordinate the production and translation of new advocacy toolkits.
EURORDIS social media
Working closely with the Communications Manager, the CMJ is the central point within the wider EURORDIS team for collecting, creating, and disseminating information across EURORDIS social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube). New ideas and proposals in line with emerging social media trends are encouraged.
- Editorial planning: maintain the EURORDIS social media calendar, including social media on EURORDIS advocacy activities, surveys, events, projects and more.
- Community management:
o Respond to messages received through social media channels or redirect as appropriate.
o Build engagement through online conversation with followers.
o Monitor and relay social media for news and information from member organisations, projects and the EU institutions to share back with staff.
- Produce innovative/ visually engaging content:
o Write content for EURORDIS social media channels.
o Create engaging visuals to accompany text.
o Adapt messaging/ visuals according to channel/ audience.
- Execute content: independently manage the scheduling and distribution of content for social media channels.
Elements of this job position will evolve according to our ongoing strategic review.
Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a specialisation in communications or health policy.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position (in an NGO, or marketing agency).
- Some knowledge of rare diseases or a strong interest to learn about rare diseases and international policy is required.
- Excellent written and spoken English (oral and written).
- Fluency in French (oral and written) or at minimum the ability to communicate with suppliers in French highly desired.
- Other language a plus.
Skills and capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- A passion for social media – the candidate should be a natural enthusiast for social media and have experience writing content that is optimised to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Community management experience a plus.
- Advocacy sensitivity and ability to capture and move the reader through persuasive writing skills.
- Creative, with new ideas and proposals in line with emerging social / digital trends. A real visual eye to design visuals for the RDD campaign.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and consistency with writing.
- Hard worker, motivated by working for an association and a cause related to health policy.
- Autonomous and the ability to drive a project forward.
- Good interpersonal/ communication skills and a team player.
- Comfortable in an international environment and experience working with different nationalities.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms
- Good understanding of online marketing tools desired
- Graphic design: extensive experience using Photoshop/ InDesign/ animation tools to produce visuals for social media and websites.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Experience with website content management systems/ HTML a plus.
- Experience using Zoom to run large groups calls/ webinars a plus.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to CommsJM@eurordis.org
Deadline for applications: 20 June 2021